[CT Birds] East Rock construction

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Fri May 3 22:24:20 EDT 2013

I'm passing along this warning from Mark Scott about birding East Rock Park.  Hopefully weekends at least will be peaceful.  I know when I was there this week it got pretty brutal at times.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT

===
Roy,

Happy spring. I am not sure if this is worth a mention on the list, but the East Rock Road bridge over the Mill River is being demolished, with the attendant noise starting at eight or so every weekday morning. The sound reverberates up the little valley where we bird, at least as far as the footbridge. It's not enough to drown out all birdsong, but it is annoying. So people may want to get there early.

Best,

Mark