[CT Birds] Nehantic SF, Gungy Rd Powercut, Hartman Park, and Rt. 82 Salem

Sailcarm sailcarm at aol.com
Sat May 4 17:51:43 EDT 2013

A great day to be out and about with Bob Dewire and his group.  We spent the day in various spots, both the E. Lyme and Lyme units of Nehantic SF, Hartman Park and the adjacent Gungy RD power cut, and also Rt. 82 in Salem.   We worked very hard for the birds today but had a good variety.  The Warbling Vireos are definitely back and it was nice to see my FOS E. Kingbird.

Nehantic Forest

Warblers: Both Waterthrushes, No. Parula, Yellow-rumped, Black and White, Ovenbird, Yellow,
Pine

Vireos: Warbling Vireo, Yellow-throated

Other highlights:

Solitary Sandpiper,
Barred Owl
Hairy Woodpecker

Rt. 82 in Salem:  1 CERULEAN WARBLER, Warbling Vireo, Ovenbird

Gungy Rd Powercut

1 E. Kingbird
Warblers: 1 Blue-winged, 1 Prairie, 2 Yellow
1 RT Hawk

Hartman Park

2 Least Flycatchers
Warbling Vireos everywhere
2 Yellow-throated Vireos
Northern Waterthrush
Black and White Warbler
American Redstarts
Worm-eating Warbler (heard)
Yellow Warbler

good numbers of Tree and Barn Swallows everywhere, too.

Lists have been submitted to eBird

Carolyn Cimino
Waterford

Sent from my iPad