[CT Birds] Question about a Bat sighting

Sailcarm sailcarm at aol.com
Thu May 2 14:25:59 EDT 2013

Forgot to mention in my previous post re: Rocky Neck that I saw two or perhaps three bats hawking insects over the little river that borders Rocky Neck on the west.  I saw them at 11 AM.  I was surprised to see bats during the day.  They were kind of the rufous red coloration of a female Cardinal with darkish wings.  Appeared tailless.

Were they Red Bats?  Please email me offline if you can help me with this ID.

Carolyn Cimino

Sent from my iPad