[CT Birds] Gnatcatchers, Common Raven and Cooper's hawk

Mona Cavallero mcavallero1 at comcast.net
Fri May 3 17:57:38 EDT 2013

West hartford ct backyard

Took the afternoon off to take advantage of the lovely weather and do some spring clean up in my garden

Had two blue gray gnatcatchers working the way around the garden and one flyover common raven

Also had a Cooper's hawk make a mad raid right throughout the center of the garden and feeders area.  Thank god I was kneeling down at the time pulling out weeds!   Might have got buzzed had I been standing up.  The birds scattered everywhere.   The hawk briefly perched and then flew away

My quince bushes are blooming.  Hope to see some orioles any day now!!

Mona Cavallero

Sent from my iPhone