[CT Birds] Dearth of Warblers - cont'd

Steve Mayo and Rebecca Horowitz rsdmayo at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 5 13:02:18 EDT 2013

...and a dearth to the south as well.  I did the Woodcock Nature Center 5K this morning.  Rounding the 2 mile mark which is also at the finish line, I gave the staff my report.  I was kinda like Pheidippides leaving the plains of Marathon (well, probably more like an old fat guy in some Beech woods in Wilton).  Anyway for all those warm-ups and plodding around all I had were heard-only Warbling Vireo (1), BG Gnatcatcher (2), YR Warbler (2), Ovenbird (2), No Parula (2), a couple Swamp Sparrows, A RT Hawk, and a couple other locals.

Steve Mayo