[CT Birds] Nehantic SF Lyme

Dave Provencher hikerbirder at gmail.com
Tue May 7 18:16:37 EDT 2013

Hiked a little over 20 miles in Nehantic State Forest today. No migrants.
Many breeders still absent. 12 species of warbler. One Cerulean on blue
trail. No Cerulean at Uncas Lake boat ramp. Only one wood thrush and one
veery in 20 miles! No tanagers. No orioles. Only two R-b Grosbeaks. Best
find of day was 5 foot Black Rat Snake that may have been the most
pugnacious one I've ever handled. A real biter! Maybe after the rain we'll
get a push of birds. The forest needs more birdsong!

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile