[CT Birds] Pished Barred Owl

Steve Mayo and Rebecca Horowitz rsdmayo at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 7 21:14:45 EDT 2013

And I too, have noted several calling Barred Owls in Bethany.  It's a great change from those December CBC days of seeing the occasional disheveled, forlorn Barred Owl in some roost along the coast.  I'm glad to hear that they are back and hooting away at their usual haunts.

I've never pished-up a Barred Owl in the Spring/Summer, but I have stumbled upon them, roosting in broad daylight, with their back to me.

Steve Mayo
Bethany