[CT Birds] East Rock - 15 Warbler Species

John Oshlick john.oshlic at yahoo.com
Fri May 10 14:31:55 EDT 2013

East Rock Park - I arrived late so I may not be the best person to make the report but I believe that 15 species of warblers were seen in the park this AM. The numbers of birds and birders were excellent.

The museum area had Northern Waterthrush, Common Yellowthroat, Redstart, Magnolia, and Chestnut-sided.

Trowbridge had Chestnut-sided, Worm-eating, BT Blue, BT Green, and Magnolia

I heard that Blackpolls were seen in the museum area and on trowbridge but I did not get to see them

Parula's were everywhere

I had a Blackburnian and 2 Cedar Waxwings (hard birds to find this spring) while walking up the main paved road to the monument. I also had at least 4 red-eyed vireos.

I also had a late ruby-crowned kinglet

John Oshlick
Bethany