[CT Birds] Hammonasset Fallout+Griswold Pt

Dan Rottino rottino at hotmail.com
Fri May 10 19:40:47 EDT 2013

What a difference a day makes.  I heard Black throated blue before I could get out of the driveway.

At Hammonasset in the middle of Willard's Island warblers et al flying all around like magic- a true fallout.  Highlights being a male and female Parula and Magnolia, Palm Warbler (eBird flagged me on that one), and a White Crowned Sparrow.  Catbirds, Yellowthroats and Yellow Warblers everywhere you turned, large numbers if White throated sparrows.  10 Least Terns and 4 Common Terns plus assorted shorebirds and a Brown Thrasher.

At Griswold Pt in Old Lyme late in the day 320 Dunlin plus a few Semipalmated Plovers.

Also had a Parula in Middletown.

I thought I was done with catbirds but there was one waiting for me when I got home - FOY for yard, and I don't usually get one this early in the year.  Trudy reported it was eating from the Suet feeder!

Bird.
Eat.
Sleep.
Repeat.