[CT Birds] Greenwich:Cerulean Warbler

Mike Warner mjwarner at optonline.net
Fri May 10 21:17:24 EDT 2013

5/10/13  Greenwich, Greenwich Point Park - Cerulean Warbler

     The birds are back in Connecticut!  Steve Beal and I recorded 79 species of birds this morning at Greenwich Point Park.  Most of the newly arrived warblers were centered on the Holly Grove and the old house site.  Highlights were CERULEAN WARBLER, MAGNOLIA WARBLER, BLACK-THROATED BLUE + GREEN, CHESTNUT-SIDED WARBLER, PRAIRIE WARBLER  and 7 other warbler species.  We ran into Meredith Sampson who reminded us that before 7 am, a gate guard is not present.  We arrived well before that with time to spare.
      Rosa Hartman Park is not far away and also held many new arrivals.  We saw 10 species of warblers in the park and a Great-Crested Flycatcher sitting perfectly still.  This  park always seems to have birds.
       I am amazed at the dispersion and numbers of birds throughout the state today.  They are finally on the way!

Mike Warner
Wilton, Ct.