[CT Birds] Warbler location help tomorrow

holmses at cox.net holmses at cox.net
Sun May 12 16:55:42 EDT 2013

If you don't wan't to drive that far, try bolton notch pond and the rail trail back towards vernon for worm eating, canada, Tenessee, Wilsons, and some other more common ones, along with assorted Vireos. Prarie Warblers nest on top of Case Mountain in Mancheaster. Boston Hollow is good as well. Good luck finding a Golden Winged! Dave H---- Joseph Cala <joejr14 at aol.com> wrote:
> All-

Looking for some help on where to go tomorrow to add some warblers to the list.

I live in Vernon but have no problem driving anywhere in the state to come up with a 20 species day. Ill make multiple stops for specific birds if it makes sense.

My warbler list so far is fairly pathetic and mostly the common stuff. What I'd like to knock off the list would be: black-throated green, Nashville, Tennessee, Canada, worm eating, cerulean, blackburnian, chestnut sided, Wilson's, prairie, hooded, golden winged, mourning, and cape may would be awesome. I realize many of these are passing migrants so its a hit or miss.

Also should mention that id really like to get some decenct photos of as many as possible.

So any suggestions? I've also never been to places like Bent or East Rock so some directions and specifics would be most helpful.

Thanks!!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note™, an AT&T LTE smartphone