[CT Birds] Birdcraft Hooded Warbler

eyeflight16 at optonline.net eyeflight16 at optonline.net
Sun May 12 18:16:56 EDT 2013

I had a rather difficult morning at the Birdcraft Sanctuary in Fairfield today due to the rain and clouds. The area was full of warblers with really large numbers, but identification was near impossible due to the lighting against the clouds. Most of the warblers were identified only when they sang, and half of them weren't singing because of the rainy conditions, so I'm sure several species got away from me. The exception was a beautiful male Hooded Warbler that showed well several terms in the undergrowth. This is my first for Fairfield after years of hoping to find one. Other warblers that were mostly only heard included:

Ovenbird
Northern Waterthrush
Nashville Warbler
Nothern Parula