[CT Birds] East Rock Park, early afternoon

Sailcarm sailcarm at aol.com
Sun May 12 21:29:40 EDT 2013

On my way to New York today I stopped off at E. Rock Park at noon for a bit of birding.   I spent some time across the street from the museum parking lot where the Orchard Orioles hang out but most of my two hrs were spent on the river walk.

Highlights:

FOY Orchard Orioles, 6
FOY RB Grosbeaks, 3
5 Baltimore Orioles
5 Warbler species: Redstart, Yellow, Yellow-rumped, Black and White, C. Yellowthroat
Many Warbling Vireos
Many Catbirds
2 Wood Duck
1 Osprey
1 RT Hawk

A nice afternoon walk made even better with the sounds of Warbling Vireos, Catbirds, and Yellow Warblers all around with an occasional Oriole or Grosbeak chipping in.

The Wood Ducks were a nice treat.  Near the parking lot I discovered a W Vireo nest and enjoyed watching the two Vireos as they were bringing nesting material back.

Carolyn Cimino
Waterford

Sent from my iPad