[CT Birds] Sessions Woods WMA, May 5, 2013

Jack Swatt jswattbirds at snet.net
Mon May 6 11:33:42 EDT 2013

Had a good morning walk at Sessions Woods WMA in Burlington yesterday.  Nothing too out of the ordinary, but highlights included 2 YELLOW-BELLIED SAPSUCKERS drumming endlessly and a CHIMNEY SWIFT at the beaver pond (I usually only see them in urban areas).  Warblers included 2 OVENBIRDS, 6 BLACK-AND-WHITE, a COMMON YELLOWTHROAT, a BLACK-THROATED BLUE and 2 BLACK-THROATED GREEN WARBLERS.  Good thing I had water-proof boots on as the beavers have raised the level of the lower pond so the first 20 feet of the boardwalk to the viewing blind is now an inch or two under water.
Jack Swatt

Sessions Woods WMA, Hartford, US-CT
May 5, 2013 6:30 AM - 10:50 AM
Protocol: Traveling