[CT Birds] NHBC Second Wednesday Walk - East Rock

John Oshlick john.oshlic at yahoo.com
Wed May 8 14:14:43 EDT 2013

A small group of birders lead by Jake Musser, Paul Wolter, and myself birded East Rock.
Once again we found basically no migrants. We did get good looks at rose-breasted grosbeak, wood thrush, and orchard oriole. Jake spotted a migrating common loon. Wood Thrushes have arrived and we heard at least 4. We only turned up one species of warbler (yellow)!
We did get to see a pair of blue jays building a nest, a common grackle sitting on a nest, and the nesting ravens (with young).
John Oshlick