[CT Birds] Lake Chamberlain - Odd Blue-winged Warbler

John Oshlick john.oshlic at yahoo.com
Wed May 8 19:53:36 EDT 2013

Lake Chamberlain - While birding Lake Chamberlain this afternoon I found a Blue-winged warbler with creamy yellow wing bars. Otherwise it was a standard blue-wing wabler that sang a standard blue-winged song. I am not sure if this is just within the range of Blue-winged warbler of if it suggests that it has some golden-winged genes. To some extent there may be some golden-winged genes in many of the blue-winged warblers we see.
John Oshlick