[CT Birds] Fallouts coming

Jamie Meyers ctredbird2 at comcast.net
Thu May 9 13:09:11 EDT 2013

It's not where they are overnight that matters, it's where they stop in the morning. It was clear here at 6:15 AM, which means they often keep going. Today was anything but a "fallout" on the edge of northwestern CT. The only thing falling are the numbers of birds being seen this spring thus far. This has so far been the worst spring migration of my 19 year birding career. I know it's anything but over but so far it's uninspiring at best. Not one Baltimore Oriole today and I was in four places where they are usually common and conspicuous by now. I will say that some locations were at least noisier with bird song than in recent mornings, even if much of it was that of cardinals and catbirds.

Jamie Meyers
Canton, CT