[CT Birds] Blackpoll, Hooded Merg ducklings

greg hanisek ctgregh at yahoo.com
Thu May 9 13:09:53 EDT 2013

>From Greg Hanisek

5/9 Waterbury, my yard - BLACKPOLL WARBLER, but generally slow for migrants.
Just Black-and-White and Black-throated Green Warblers on neighborhood walk

Middlebury, Sperry Pond - female Hooded Mergansers with 11 very small
"merglings," apparently just out of a nearby Wood Duck box. Beautiful chocolate
brown ducklings with buffy cheeks and a bite of white in the wings.

Watertown, L Winnemaug - 1 female Greater Scaup, 2 Ruddy Ducks

Most notable arrival in drive through my local areas was Wood Thrush. Heard
singing at multiple locations including 3 in my neighborhood.