[CT Birds] Fallouts coming

David F Provencher david.f.provencher at dom.com
Thu May 9 16:19:39 EDT 2013

Greg's right. Though there are some species that I would normally would already be finding around my neck of the woods in an average year that I'm not finding yet, such as Eastern Kingbird, and Veery (only 1 so far). I usually get my first of the year Eastern Kingbird at my local Big Y Supermarket (in the parking lot actually, not the Kingbird aisle,) but they weren't there as of yesterday, and the Whippoorwills in Nehantic were 7 to 10 days later this year. Northern Waterthrushes were another later than usual arrival in my area, being a good week to two weeks later than last year and later than most years in my experience. Nehantic SF in Lyme is nearly full of Ovenbirds now but nearly all of them showed up over a two day period of good weather to our south.

On a different note, it's been quite dry out my way and the forest is pretty parched. I hiked a total of nearly 38 miles between Saturday and Tuesday and did not pick up a single tick. That is not a complaint by the way.

David Provencher
in error, and delete it.  Thank you.