[CT Birds] Record hiking/driving distance using runningmap.com

Dave Provencher hikerbirder at gmail.com
Thu May 9 22:20:08 EDT 2013

If you have a smart phone with gps you can download apps to record your
total distance and track. You can also get coordinates if you stumble
across a rare bird and want to help others find it. I use RunKeeper but my
problem is I sometimes hike longer than my iPhone battery will last. I'm
going to have to buy a backup battery pack for those all day hikes.

On Thursday, May 9, 2013, Tim Antanaitis wrote:

> I am horrible at estimating distances.  Runningmap.com allows you to plot
> points of your hiking/driving
> distance for the day.  It records your distance to the nearest hundredth
> of a mile.  For example, I figured out
> that I walked 1.86 miles today around West Lake/Russet Lane in Middletown.

Sent from Gmail Mobile