[CT Birds] 5/10 cedar hill

Jonah Cohen jonahc at cox.net
Fri May 10 09:51:07 EDT 2013

So, predictions about an uptick look to be on the money. Alas, I only had a couple of hours for pre-work birding this morning. But in under two hours at Cedar Hill cemetery, I saw 35 species, including half a dozen warblers (most notable: Blackpoll), a couple of vireos (the Warbling one was singing up a storm) and mama Wood Duck with 10 babies. Also, Chimney Swifts were all over the place in Newington + West Hartford. (Oddly, no sign of Great Blue Heron at the cemetery, even though delicious frogs were croaking.)

Is it the weekend yet?
Jonah Cohen