[CT Birds] Interesting Towhee song

Sailcarm sailcarm at aol.com
Sat May 11 14:30:24 EDT 2013

I have been listening to a Towhee who has been singing in the front yard for 15 minutes, and it is an interesting variation of Drink Your Tea.  The bird starts with a soft, hard to hear introductory chip note followed quickly by the typical "Drink your" without the tea.

I have definitely heard towhees doing the Drink Your without the Tea part, especially in Florida, but have never heard that short introductory note before.  perhaps I heard it well because he was so close to the house.

Carolyn Cimino
Sent from my iPad