[CT Birds] Hamden, 5/12

Jonah Cohen jonahc at cox.net
Sun May 12 14:41:52 EDT 2013

The weather today started out ugly, and looked like it might descend to fugly, but got better. Thanks to John Oshlick's posting, we tried out a new spot for us: West Rock ridge Park in Hamden.

The early rain didn't help, but on the whole it went well. 9 warbler species, including Blackburnian, Worm-eating, Magnolia + BT Blue. Also  got our FOY Red-eyed Vireo and Rose Breasted Grosbeak (looking good, even though soggy).

We stopped by to see the eagle nest, and these are indeed the most laid-back eagles in the world. Not only did they not mind the street noise, or  the copious humans with binoculars at the WB Mason parking lot, they weren't bothered by the noise from the Monk Parakeets building a nest two trees over.

Happy Mom day!
Jonah Cohen