[CT Birds] West Hartford - Trout Brook

Bissell, T. (Tracey) Tracey.Bissell at us.ing.com
Mon May 13 07:25:25 EDT 2013

Baltimore Orioles (2) by Trout Brook behind the ball field and on the bridge parallel to Park Rd.

Also, Muskrat and swallow nests under the Boulevard Bridge.

We watched a grackle swooping and appearing to attack a moving lump in the water under the bridge.  As we got closer we realized it was a juvenile and the Mama bird was trying to help.  The juvenile realized it could use its wings as oars and 'rowed' its way to shore and they both flew away.

We found a dead brown bat - is there a place to report the bat, I did not find anything on the web.

thanks

Tracey R Bissell
Business Analyst
Production Readiness and Acceptance
ING Retirement Services CS3
(860) 580-3453
tracey.bissell at us.ing.com

NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic mail message is confidential and intended only for certain recipients.  If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other use of this communication and any attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender by reply transmission and delete the message without copying or disclosing it.