[CT Birds] Waterbury area birds

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Tue May 14 19:44:04 EDT 2013

I had a few minutes this afternoon and checked a couple spots north of
Waterbury.

At Chase River Rd in Waterbury, all 5 common swallow species in good
numbers feeding over the river, including 6 CLIFF and 8 BANK. There were a
few RAVENS flying around the cliff face visible to the northeast, likely
fledged young at a location where they have bred in the past. The abandoned
building in which Cliff Swallows had nested the past two years has been
knocked down so I'm not sure if they'll relocate nearby or have to move on.

I checked Artillery Rd in Watertown for White-eyed Vireo but came up empty.

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT
www.shorebirder.com