[CT Birds] Assorted reports of assorted ages

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Tue May 14 21:47:25 EDT 2013

Passing these along.

 From Mark Scott and Dori Sosensky:
5/10/13 -- to follow up on John Oshlick's post, we came up with 16 species of
warbler at East Rock Park, Hamden, today, counting reports from Ed Sadowski,
Greg Hanisek, Bill Banks and many observers. Herewith: Northern parula, yellow,
chestnut-sided, magnolia, Blackburnian, black-throated blue, black-throated
green, yellow-rumped, prairie, blackpoll, black-and-white, American redstart,
worm-eating, common yellowthroat, Northern waterthrush and ovenbird.

 From Mark Scott:
5/10/13 -- New Haven neighborhood, north of the West River corridor and Edgewood
Park -- birdsong well into the day, with numerous warblers including Northern
parula, chestnut-sided, magnolia, black-throated blue and American redstart.

 From Maryann O'Leary with Alec Wiggin
Fri, 10 May 2013
Bay-breasted Warbler, Rosa Hartman, Stamford with 10 other warbler species.

 From Tom Prescher
Sat, 11 May 2013
At about 8;30 this morning my wife and I heard a Northern Bobwhite calling in
our neighbor's backyard border.(Our yard borders are marked by a line of
spruce/pine trees/brush. It stopped after 10 minutes or so. At 3:00 this
afternoon, it started again, so I "pulled it out" with my Stokes for a look. My
birding pal Mike Curtis suggested an escapee, which makes sense. It was still
neat to hear and see.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT