[CT Birds] The King in the North(western CT)

Jonah Cohen jonahc at cox.net
Wed May 15 18:18:38 EDT 2013

Was at Riverrun, er, River Rd in Kent. Ran into the group from the New Haven Bird Club (not literally). One of them mentioned that they spotted a Swainson's Thrush.

Things were not bad on my end, but not great. Blackpoll was the most notable warbler, Cerulean (still) eluded me. As usual, in my experience, the color for River Rd = orange. Lots of Oriole, and really lots of Redstart. I also saw that a bunch of Kingbirds were back, one of which was wailing on a Cowbird. Only a few Cliff Swallows were under the bridge on Rte 341.

Jonah Cohen
Newington