[CT Birds] Sterling yard "Big Sit'

dbobolink at aol.com dbobolink at aol.com
Sun May 19 05:44:01 EDT 2013

>From Robert Dixon
5/18/13 - Sterling yard - 'Big Sit' - 68 species (ties my best 'Sit' and my second best yard total) Highlights - PINE SISKIN (15) continue for the 230th consecutive day with some courtship/displaying observed, YELLOW-BILLED CUCKOO (2 heard in flight before daybreak), PURPLE FINCH (3), WHIP-POOR-WILL (2 heard continuously from midnight until dawn), BLACK VULTURE (3), COMMON LOON (2), COMMON MERGANSER, GREAT EGRET, FISH CROW (vocal), ORCHARD ORIOLE (3 imm. males) and CEDAR WAXWING (20).

Robert Dixon
179 Main St.
Sterling, Ct. 06377
860-564-4638 h