[CT Birds] Chester, 5/13: white-eyed vireo, red-shouldered hawks, yellow warbler

teustis at killingworthlibrary.org teustis at killingworthlibrary.org
Mon May 13 12:07:43 EDT 2013

Chester, 5/13: It's been a rainbow of birds lately! White-eyed vireo sang from our cherry tree this morning. I wasn't 100% sure of the song, so I called it up on All About Birds while listening to the singer through my window. Sure enough, it was my little friend... and the bird in the tree started "talking" to the bird in the recording! A pair of very vocal red-shouldered hawks trolled the woods this morning. And yesterday, we had an unfortunate window strike: a beautiful little yellow warbler.
~ Tammy Eustis, Chester