[CT Birds] North Granby 5/17 - Canada Warbler, Common Loon, 'possum with babies

John Weeks aerie.john at cox.net
Fri May 17 14:24:07 EDT 2013

On private property (with the owner's permission) in North Granby:  44 species, 10 warbler species including FOY Canada Warbler, seen well.  Warblers have been sparse all spring up here.  The Loon was a fly-over.  There is one occupied Great Blue Heron nest on the property, thanks to ongoing beaver activity.

Yesterday at the same location, I encountered a mother opossum with seven babies riding on her back.  She waddled along right in front of me for several yards before turning off into the underbrush.

John Weeks