[CT Birds] Big Weekend Update

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Sat May 18 16:47:55 EDT 2013

Two big days in a row seems to be a rather tiring endeavor, but fun nonetheless.  I stand somewhere around 175 species, give or take a couple.  With at least one more for the team (since I took a wrong turn yesterday and missed Cooper's Hawk and Black Vulture).  I picked up the vulture today at the Windsor Landfill.

Thank you to Dave Tripp and Fran Zygmont for the help finding spots in the Northwest Hills!  It continues tomorrow with my Hartford Audubon walk at the East River Marsh in Guilford, where I'm not likely to add too many birds considering most of the target birds are already on my list.

Here is a slideshow about yesterday's highlights (written on 2 hours sleep).  I will attempt to put together another one for today.

Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation

Audubon Connecticut
185 East Flat Hill Road