[CT Birds] West Haven, Pacific Loon report

julian hough jrhough1 at snet.net
Mon May 20 12:42:41 EDT 2013

The transitional-plumaged Pacific Loon, found by Frank Gallo on Saturday, was
refound today by Greg Hanisek and Bill Banks off the former St.
John's-by-the-Sea building, just west of Bradley Point.
It appears to be somewhat elusive. I spent several hours yesterday checking that
same area. Visibility was good and only a few Common Loons were evident, along
with one lingering Red-throated, but despite vigilant checking there was no sign
of the Pacific between 8am and 10:30am yesterday.

So, it is obviously still around and can seemingly disappear for times. I would
appreciate any later reports posted to the list as to location since I will
likely look for it after work.

Thanks,
 Julian Hough
New Haven, CT 06519