[CT Birds] Raven Luna-ticks hit 186+ one.

peeplo at aol.com peeplo at aol.com
Wed May 22 17:54:36 EDT 2013

Hi all,

The Raven Luna-ticks tallied 186 species plus the hybrid Tri-colored x Little Blue Heron, tying the old CT Record, and besting our previous second highest score of 185. It was a good run, with few migrants, and a few surprises. Highlights included, White-faced Ibis, Summer Tanager, Lesser Scaup, missing our scouted Black Scoter, but finding Surf and White-winged Scoters (few have been around), and being serenaded at the finish by two Eastern Screech Owls, over our car, at Midnight. I'll write up a full report soon. Thanks to everyone for your reports and donations. A few more hours of sleep are in need.

Frank Gallo, Milford

Life is short. Bird often.