[CT Birds] Brown Booby and Black Tern(for Roy)

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Thu May 23 17:48:31 EDT 2013

5/23/13- Norwalk- near the number 14 channel marker near the entrance to Norwalk Harbor- Brown Booby,first spotted in the water by John Oshlick with Larry Flynn taking photos of it from his boat. It then flew and landed on the rocks of the channel marker. After it flew, it was relocated by Larry sitting on the bow of a boat in the South Norwalk Boat Club Marina. It then took off and landed on Larry's boat.I suggested he buy a lottery ticket as this was his lucky day.  The bird stayed on his boat as he brought the boat into the dock  before flying off. It has not been seen since but Nick just took out a group who had not seen the bird to try and relocate the booby.

Westport- on the west side of Cockenoe Island with AJ Hand- adult Black Tern in alternate plumage,first spotted by AJ flying towards us and then flew over and next to the boat affording us fabulous views.This is my
second Black Tern sighting in exactly a week in Westport.

Tina Green
Westport
Sent from my iPhone