[CT Birds] FW: [MASSBIRD] Betty Petersen

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Fri May 24 18:46:36 EDT 2013

The email below was posted yesterday on the Massbird Listserve. Many in the CT birding community know Betty Petersen,Director of the ABA Birders' Exchange,as well as her husband Wayne Petersen, who spoke at our 2012 COA Annual Meeting. Our thoughts and prayers are with them.

Tina Green

Westport

Many of you know Betty Petersen.  Betty is a shining light in our community - always friendly, willing to share information, and genuinely a wonderful woman.  I personally don't know a sweeter person.

This past Monday morning, Betty suffered a serious heart attack.  She presently is at the CCU at Tufts Medical Center in Boston.  She is at a crucial part of her recovery, and as such, at this time, she is unable to receive visitors.

Please keep Betty and Wayne in your thoughts and prayers at this extremely difficult time.

Respectfully,
Steve