[CT Birds] Bio blitz this upcoming weekend - birding volunteers still needed

Fran fzygmont at charter.net
Sat May 25 20:27:13 EDT 2013

There's time to sign up to participate in the White Memorial Foundation's 100th anniversary bio blitz being held friday, May 31st through saturday, June 1st.  The 24-hour event will start at 3:30pm on the 31st.  We are still looking for volunteers to help with the bird taxonomy.  If you are interested, please let me know at fzygmont at charter.net.

White Memorial Foundation in Litchfield covers approximately 4,000 acres, including Bantam Lake, and is home to a wide variety of diverse habitats.  Over the 24-hours, there will be ample time to locate and identify birds on the White Memorial property.  I'm targeting 120+ species.

Thanks!
Fran