[CT Birds] Niantic Chimney Swifts, also yard nests

Sailcarm sailcarm at aol.com
Fri May 24 12:59:24 EDT 2013

There were at least 6 Chimney Swifts over the CVS in downtown Niantic late yest afternoon, also 1 Osprey.

In the yard we have a RS Hawk nest with two little ones, a RB Woodpecker nest and I am quite sure we have nesting Phoebes, which would be a yard first.  House wrens never quiet down but appear to be nesting somewhere else in the neighborhood.

An aside about yesterday's B Booby adventure which we all followed online.   In French, most of the species in the Gannet/Booby family are called "fou" which means "crazy", our cognate/related word of course being "foolish".  Sounds like the Brown Booby is earning its name.

Carolyn Cimino

Sent from my iPad