[CT Birds] Greenwich Tod's Point Osprey update May 24

shootsnaps at aol.com shootsnaps at aol.com
Fri May 24 23:22:39 EDT 2013

In the past, I have arrived between 1:00 & 1:30pm. Today, I was later, after 2:00pm. The weather was poor, getting windier as time went on. Mrs. O was down low in the nest, and I could not locate Mr. O. I saw a bird with a fish catch fly nearby, but it was not 'our' bird, as it did not fly to the nest. Shortly after, Mr. O arrived to the nest, no catch, and appeared to mate with Mrs. O. He then left. I changed my observation point to lower ground. As the wind grew, Mrs O was barely visible.

Pix at http://www.libraphotography.com/osprey-nesting-2013.html .

Due to limited time, I did not make other observations.

AL Scuterud
Old Greenwich