[CT Birds] Barkhamsted and New Hartford goodies

Jamie Meyers ctredbird2 at comcast.net
Wed May 29 12:19:26 EDT 2013

>From Jamie Meyers:
5/29 -- Barkhamsted, Lower Greenwoods Road -- MOURNING WARBLER, OLIVE-SIDED FLYCATCHER. Both were singing and adding their voices to an enormous choir at this nice location. Both were along a rutted dirt road that veers off the main drive shortly before it ends at the river. The Mourning was close to that intersection and the Olive-sided was probably 400 yards or so down on the left, far away in the distance. Took me 20 minutes to find him.
New Hartford, Nepaug Reservoir -- breeding plumage HORNED GREBE and COMMON LOON seen from the US 202 side. Also there was a COMMON NIGHTHAWK flying voer US 202 in New Hartford at 11:50 AM in bright sunshine!

Neither Nepaug nor Barkhamsted Reservoir had any tern action. I thought that might be possible after the passage of last night's weather system.

Jamie Meyers
Canton, CT