[CT Birds] Probable KENTUCKY - Penwood State Park

Brian Kleinman snaketat at cox.net
Wed May 29 12:41:59 EDT 2013

Very productive day at Penwood State Park in Simsbury/Bloomfield.  Fourteen
species of warbler including WORM-EATING (7 territorial males), PINE,
BLACKBURNIAN, CANADA, BLACKPOLL, HOODED, and a probable KENTUCKY.  I only
heard the KENTUCKY WARBLER, but I¹m pretty familiar with the song having
heard them a few times before in the south, but I never saw the bird.  If
you want to search out this bird it was located about halfway in between the
main parking area and the picnic area off the road on the left.  It was
calling pretty far back up the slope.  If you want more specific details
please email me.  The HOODED WARBLER was just before the picnic area on the
left.

Other birds of note were 2 WINTER WRENS and a YELLOW-BILLED CUCKOO.  The
cuckoo was on the backside of Lake Louise in the marsh area.

>From Brian Kleinman

5/29 ­ Penwood State Park, Simsbury/Bloomfield -- Fourteen species of
warbler including WORM-EATING (7 territorial males), PINE, BLACKBURNIAN,
CANADA, BLACKPOLL, HOODED, and a probable KENTUCKY.  Other birds of note
were 2 WINTER WRENS and a YELLOW-BILLED CUCKOO.

Brian Kleinman
Riverside Reptiles
www.riversidereptiles.com
(860) 653-2535