[CT Birds] ID help -- Snow Goose or other?

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 30 16:03:39 EDT 2013

Hi Elizabeth,
Thanks for sharing those photos. Those are sure two odd-looking geese. They
appear a bit larger than the nearby Brant, and are probably traveling with them.
 They are showing features that suggest Brant X Snow Goose hybrid to me.  (dark
bill, orangey legs, etc.)

In doing a quick online search, I found this page with photos of other possible
hybrids, some of which resemble the birds you saw:

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=aaplw&va=Snow+Goose+X+Brant+hybrid

Frank Mantlik
Stratford