[CT Birds] Magic moment

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Thu May 30 18:02:27 EDT 2013

This morning at Boston Hollow (Ashford)  I had one of  those special
experiences that happen sometimes if you spend enough time and  effort looking for
birds - or just plain get lucky. I had gotten out of my car  and was
looking over one of the little pools by the side of the road.  Suddenly a little
ball of fluff popped up on a mossy green log right in front of  me and began
industriously foraging. It was a Winter Wren, no more than 10 feet  from
me. It ignored me, even when I went to the car for my camera, and gave  me
wonderful looks for about 5 minutes, sometimes no more than 6 or 7 feet away.
I assume it was a female since it never sang or made a peep. The pictures
aren't  sharp, but they'll give you an idea what I saw:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kzr9izstrquth4d/gAeeU-UCv2

Don Morgan
Coventry