[CT Birds] Old Greenwich Tod's Point Osprey update May 30, 31

shootsnaps at aol.com shootsnaps at aol.com
Fri May 31 14:52:48 EDT 2013

On the 30th, I took some video that upon review looked like the adults might be feeding chicks down in the nest. However, there is no overlook high enough to actually see deep into the nest to confirm. It was quite warm on the 30th, and on the 31st, hot even in the morning.

I observed male and female trading off the nest (never unguarded)several times over a period of an hour and a half, but did not see any activity that looked like feeding. There was a fish in the nest as I could see Ms O eating it. Lastly, I saw the male bring grass/seaweed to the nest, and as I left they seemed to be arranging it.

Pix on http://www.libraphotography.com/osprey-nesting-2013.html .

AL Scuterud
Old Greenwich