[CT Birds] Miley Bull and Phil Donahue next week at Sherwood Island

Tina and Peter Green tina at renaissancestudios.com
Thu May 30 13:32:35 EDT 2013

This is a great opportunity to hear two excellent and entertaining speakers talk about our favorite subject - BIRDS!

I hope many of you will join me in attending this event. In addition to being COA president,I am also a vice-president of the Friends of Sherwood Island and the park is very dear to me as many of you know. Sherwood Island  is part of my local birding patch and one of the best birding spots in southwestern CT with its diverse habitat and 234 beautiful acres to explore.

When: Thursday, June 6th at 7:00 PM
Where: Sherwood Island State Park Nature Center

Come to the Friends of Sherwood Island Annual Meeting on Thursday June 6 at 7 p.m. at the Nature Center in the Park. We are delighted to have as our guest speakers Phil Donahue, media personality, writer, producer and lover of Purple Martins, together with Milan Bull, Director of Science and Conservation for the CT Audubon Society.  Phil will discuss how and why he became interested in Purple Martins and talk about his extensive Purple Martin  colony at his area home and the accompanying website: www.gazebophil.com.   Miley will talk about serious concerns regarding the decline of Purple Martins and other aerial insectivores. The meeting is open to the public.  We will also conduct a short business meeting and elect the officers and directors. www.friendsofsherwoodisland.org

 Parking is Free After 6 pm, So There's No Reason Not To Come Out

Light refreshments will be served. Please RSVP me if you are planning to attend.
Tina Green