[CT Birds] Ridgefield:Orange-crowned Warbler

Mike Warner mjwarner at optonline.net
Thu May 30 15:53:47 EDT 2013

5/30/13 Ridgefield - Orange-crowned Warbler

1:45 pm. -  Ridgefield, Bennetts Pond State Park.  Find the trail which starts at one corner of the parking lot.  Wallk north on this trail until you see a rootball from a tree blowdown on your left, close to the trail.  The bird was actively calling shortly after that.  I counted 550 paces back to the parking lot from where I heard the bird calling.  Also, 2 Yellow-billed Cuckoos and east of the old house site, 3 Chestnut-sided Warblers and one Hooded Warbler.  37 sp. total.  If you intend a full tour, please consult the trail map on the sign board, 300 feet to the east on the main trail.  It's a big park!
     Great weather for a Kite watch!

Mike Warner
Wilton, CT.