[CT Birds] Critical waterbird nesting time

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Fri May 31 15:49:26 EDT 2013

Good info Scott. I was at Milford Point this morning and had excellent scope views from the platform and just a short way down the beach to the right of the platform. The shorebirds and terns need their space and we should stay away from those critical areas.I made a conscious decision not to go anywhere near the roped off areas or anywhere near the birds.
The best time to view shorebirds at most locations is between 2 hours before and after high tide. That gives you 4 hours and the birds will be concentrated and allow for good views with your binoculars and scope.
The birds have enough pressure from predators,weather, and habitat loss. Let's not add human disturbances to that list!

Tina Green
Sent from my iPhone