[CT Birds] Wood Thrush question

Gary Witte wirthwitte at att.net
Sat Jun 1 14:18:26 EDT 2013

I had Wood Thrushes singing all summer, late into the summer, in western NY and
the last 2 years in Milford. This spring, I heard and saw "my" Wood Thrush
singing morning and evening this spring for a few weeks but suddenly-not a Wood
Thrush to be heard. I also had Red-eyed Vireos last year but I don't hear them
this year.

Sooo...I'm hoping the theory that they are late or too busy successfully nesting
applies and not: Coopers Hawk/ female failed to show so male moved on/
inexonerable extirpation of species. The quality of life at my property has
definitely plunged as far as I'm concerned without  Wood Thrush song!

-Winie Wirth, Milford