[CT Birds] Woodpecker drinking from hummingbird feeder

Bev bpropen at gmail.com
Sat Jun 1 17:33:49 EDT 2013

My daughter who lives in evergreen colorado at 9200' elevation, had a good size woodpecker drinking from her hummingbird feeder which is hanging from deck post .  Picture she sent isn't great quality but it is black with white stripe down its back , white stripe across cheek & small red cap/crest .
Woodpecker is clinging to deck post & drinking from hummingbird feeder.
I have never heard of that but I suspect some of you more experienced birders have ?
Bev Propen