[CT Birds] Plymouth Whip- poor-wills

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 2 17:04:11 EDT 2013

6/1/13- Plymouth- Hancock Brook Dam Lake- at 8:50pm, 2 Eastern Whip-poor-wills calling.

This location is where I heard and saw my first CT Whip last year and it did not disappoint again this year. This is an interesting spot which I have only visited twice and both times were just before dusk.The woods were filled with birdsong last night including Veery, Ovenbird, Great Crested Flycatcher, Kingbird,Phoebe,Redstart,Yellow Warbler,Peewee,Gnatcatcher,Towhee,Tanager,Swallows, Wood Duck, and more. We were also serenaded by Bullfrogs. It might be worth checking out in the early morning for those living in the area.the exact location is just before the dam on the right and across from the small park. There are a few rectangular cement barriers where we sat and listened.

Tina Green
Sent from my iPhone