[CT Birds] Greenwich Tod's Point Osprey update Tuesday, June 4

shootsnaps at aol.com shootsnaps at aol.com
Wed Jun 5 09:02:14 EDT 2013

I've made several stops to observe the Osprey nest from different angles. On Tuesday, Mr. O was observed delivering sticks (large) to the nest. Mrs. O still sits low and keeps her head down, occasionally lifting it to look about. The pair does not leave the nest unattended.

A few new pix at http://www.libraphotography.com/osprey-nesting-2013.html

Also observed during the Audobon 1st Sunday walk (not my spot - thanks Debbie!) on June 2 and Tuesday, June 4 is a hummingbird nest with Mom in and out in a Point parking lot. I've posted a pix of it also on the Osprey site. Not the best shot ever taken, but shows the nest really well.

Photo @ http://www.libraphotography.com/photos-for-spring-2013.html

AL Scuterud
Old Greenwich